We were so inspired by Bustle’s excellent list “31 Signs You Put Your Health First
” that we decided to come up with a list of things that we unabashedly do in the name of fitness. Even if they make our friends (lovingly) roll their eyes at us occasionally.
1. You don’t mind showing up somewhere sweaty.
2. You will leave the party so that you can make it to 9 a.m. Pilates on Sunday.
3. You’ve turned a request for “getting together for a drink” into a walking date.
4. You can explain in detail the pros and cons of various marathon training strategies.
5. When someone mentions a crazy fitness challenge (mud race, relay, etc.) you ALWAYS have to know more.
6. You tell people you have a work event so you can skip social events you don’t want to go to and then hit the gym instead (extreme, but sometimes necessary).
7. You’re supportive of others’ early fitness accomplishments because you remember the importance of starting out.
8. You will stop a stranger to chat if you see her/him wearing a t-shirt from a race you competed in.
9. When someone asks what you want for your birthday/Christmas, the answer is one word: Lululemon.
10. You set an alarm on your phone so you can get in when the booking window opens for your favorite spin class.
11. You may or may not be wearing a sports bra at work right now.
12. If you can make it to the gym, you fit in a workout whenever you can, like running to happy hour or to volunteer meetings.
13. You reserve “skinnyfat” as your greatest insult.
14. You spend more on running shoes than strappy sandals.
15. You’ve “run off” a bad day.
16. You keep fresh wipes and body spray in your bag at all times for quick workout-to-going-out transitions.
17. You’re not afraid of donuts. You’re not afraid of hills. You’re not afraid of headstand…but you are afraid of injuries that keep you from exercising.